CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Getting to Know Us



My hubby and I have been happily married ridiculously in love with each other for  almost 10 years. No really two neighbors in the last month have commented on this. We met in college and because we are both not patient people spontaneous we were married just a month and a half after we started dating. We love being together and he still cracks me up. Michael (luckydaddy) is in the army. Michael loves a good Harley ride and is into endurance challenges. He runs relays and mud events. He digs movies and music and likes spending time with his family. I'm Ari (luckymama) I am a domestic goddess. My seven year old calls me the crazy, homeschooling, mormon mama. I took up running this last spring. I homeschool my kids, and some days it's quite the challenge. I like reading and if I had some spare time I would probably spend it with my family and a big bowl of popcorn.


Miles is our oldest child he is sweet and spunky and makes us laugh everyday. He is seven years old and about as intelligent as they come. He taught himself to read at two and a half and hasn't stopped yet. He loves video games and wants to learn how to code so he can make iPad apps. He loves breakdancing and star wars and is so much fun to be around.


Isaac is five years old. He has never met a person he didn't love. He is sure everyone he meets loves him right back. He is right. Isaac loves giggling and is always finding something to laugh about. He has a brain injury from when he was five months old. I blogged that story here. Part one Part two Part three Isaac still has lasting effects from this life changing event. We are always seeking out more answers and better care for our little man. If you ever get the chance to meet him ask him for a hug there is nothing in the world quite like an Isaac love. 


Abeni was born in Seoul, South Korea. We were blessed to adopt her two years ago. I blogged her story here and here. She can dance with the best of them and loves anything sparkly. She thinks mama's arms are the best place to be, and loves having her whole family together. She has some remaining language delays and some health issues that we will be confronting head on in the next few months. We are so richly blessed to have the honor of being her family. 




1 comments:

Dani

I had to be up on my computer in the middle of the night for an hour with no class (this is the way my job works sometimes) so I thought I would read your blog. :) I admire your family so much. There is something about your family that is so uplifting and inspiring. So I thought I'd read about you and I now can clearly see why you inspire me so much. Interesting how your inspiring aura shines even when I didn't understand where it came from or was founded upon. I can sense the love you have for each other whenever I see you together. It's so admirable! And now that I've gone to the links and read your Wow posts about Isaac and the posts about Abeni's adoption and... (yes, I had lots of time to read it all, I wasn't kidding.) I can see how you have learned and grown so much and it just shows. You have a radiant spirit. There are more challenges to come I see. But I know that our savior carries us through these things, and you have so many witnesses of this already. What an incredible journey you have been on already. I admire your strength. It goes to show how everyone faces their own challenges in different ways. You have truly thrived and kept your radiance through it all and it is so inspiring. Thanks for sharing your story. Dani

Post a Comment