CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 22, 2012

The Ball

My kids have taken Kindermusik classes. I LOVE them they are super fun and the kids seem to really learn in the class. One of the songs sung at kindermusik is "I roll the ball to you." The leader of the class sits in the front and rolls the ball to each of the children in turn while singing "I roll the ball to yo; you roll the ball to me; I roll the ball to you and you roll the ball to me." This game teaches turn taking and patience.

I guess I am supposed to be learning turn taking and patience. The last three business days I have been playing "I roll the ball to you" with insurance, and Dr's. Our insurance says they will cover Abeni's surgery. They however insist that we first exhaust all possible in network providers. First they said we would have to go to Colorado. No one in Colorado does this type of surgery. Now they say we have to go to Phoenix. There is a Dr. there who does airway reconstruction (he actually did his fellowship at Cincinnati Children's) Well today I pulled out the big guns. I called Abeni's local ENT. I was transferred to his personal assistant. She said that Dr. Smith is set on Abeni having her surgery in Cincinnati. He had already written a letter to our insurance and has been in contact with Dr. Manning many times over the last month. I asked that he please send the information to the surgeon in in Phoenix (who I am sure is a great Dr.) She said perhaps we could bypass all of that by Dr. Smith just calling that Dr. and explaining Abeni's case. So that is what we are waiting on now. We are still planning a surgery on November 8th. I see her local pulmonologist Monday the 29th and I can't wait her breathing since the weather has gotten cooler is very "noisy." I listen to her before and after her breathing treatments and the it just keeps sounding more and more narrow. I hope this can all be ironed out soon. All the unknowns are taking a toll on all of us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment