CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 2, 2012

Day One broncoscopy

Abeni slept in this morning and right through her "must stop eating time." Then we did her breathing treatments which take close to an hour. After her saline treatment she often is too tuckered out from couching and getting her mucus out that she just wants to be cuddled and rest. By the time all that was over she had missed her "last clear liquid time" as well.


So what are girls with a few hours to kill who are unhappy because they area hungry to do??? TARGET of course :) We headed out to target and then baby girl napped in the car while I drove to the hospital.

We arrived a few minutes early and went to the chapel for some prayer and quiet reflection time. Then we went upstairs and found our way to same day surgery. The whole staff was very sweet with our tired and hungry angel baby. She was completely asleep when Dr. Rutter came into meet her. He told me a little about his history and success treating similar anatomy. He did tell me that most kids with similar issues to Abeni have this reconstruction as infants because they can't wait. Abeni is the oldest child who he has seen un-repaired. He has seen 4 kids with something similar to Abeni. He did say generally this is just a random anomaly and everything else is healthy. He also told me that it is always on the right side. He seems like a really good Dr. he was confident but cautious and had been talking to our local Dr. since Abeni was first diagnosed. Abeni was still asleep when the anesthesiologist gave her the anesthetic gas. I laid her down on the bed and kissed her. I wasn't in the waiting room long before Dr. Rutter called me back to chat about his findings. There really weren't any surprises. The narrowed Area is worse now then it was even in August. That explains why her breathing is becoming more and more "noisy." It was so nice to hear Dr. Rutter say that she sounds like other kids with airway issues :) There is a possibility that Abeni has a bronchial ring instead of a stenosis. The treatment is still surgery it's just a slightly different technique; we will know on Thursday when they "get her opened up." (I always get a little nauseous when I hear them say things like that.) He recommended a few more tests and procedures before we get to Thursday. About 5 minutes later I asked the receptionist if I could head back and hold my baby they said she was ready and when I got there she was sitting in a nurses arms calling for me. As soon as I picked her up she fell right back asleep. I woke her long enough to drink some juice. She downed the whole juice box in about 30 seconds. It wasn't long till we were out of there!


Abeni of course wanted "bap" for dinner so I found the nearest restaurant that served rice. She needed to hold my hand while we drove because she was so hungry, too sweet! We are really enjoying our one on one time and miss Beni loves being the center of attention. We just need to get though this weekend healthy and strong.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comments:

Unknown

Wow, I hope everything goes well. I think you two are the most incredible parents and so glad that she got to come be apart of your family!!! You are all in my prayers. Good luck!!!

Post a Comment